- All clouds were faster in 2020 than in 2017 in terms of median Total Time.
- DNS remains heavily quantized.
- AWS and Azure have improved since 2017; Google and IBM Cloud are about the same.
- All regions were faster in 2020 than in 2017 for median Total Time.
- Oceania remains the slowest region.
- East Asia has made has significant progress since 2017.
- DNS resolution time for AWS is consistently better than other clouds.
- Connect times for IBM cloud are significantly higher on average than other clouds.
- AWS and Azure are marginally slower in most non-USA locations than IBM or Google.
Top API Performers 2020 by quality score